Sunday, June 01, 2008

Dozens of current discounts for socially/eco-conscious products

Below are some currently active discount codes and coupons for socially/eco-conscious purchases. As always, I'm a big fan of buying less/buying used/making your own, so I urge you to strongly consider that before shopping at the sites below. But if there are things you're set on buying, consider the stores below that may fit your values because they're organic/fair trade/eco-conscious/vegan/independent businesses/sweatshop-free/etc...


Food

Gifts/JewelryClothesBabies/KidsHome Miscellaneous[Disclaimers: I did a preliminary scan to confirm the socially/eco-conscious credentials of the sites above, but do your own due diligence before buying. The descriptions are in the websites' own words, not mine. I stuck my affiliate codes in the links for the small fraction of the sites for which I have one.]

For similar sources which aren't included in this post because they're not running sales right now, see this post. Also, the National Green Pages is a fantastic directory of literally thousands of stores (online and brick & mortar), and despite the name, the listing isn't just about the environment; Co-op America certifies that the companies are both socially and environmentally responsible. I got some of these discount codes from Co-op America, and many others from Happy Hippie, so you can check those sources on a regular basis for discounts (although I'll also try to keep you up-to-date on good discounts here myself!)

No comments: